- My laptop is unable to read CDs/DVDs burnt by another computer than itself. Bought things are usually ok (but not always - and older CDs are definitely off). One workaround: Put the CD in the drive on the desktop system, SCP in and copy them over the internet.
- However the desktop system does not always like the internet. For instance now: It decided it is better off being offline and nothing I do seem to convince it otherwise.
- Fixing errors is made difficult by the fact that something seemed to happen to the graphic driver on that computer the other week - the image is definitely pinched. Very much. So much that I can barely navigate. )( like that. But only when showing the desktop, not on the login prompt or the screen saver...
- Also, I cannot actually browse files on that computer in any other way than using a terminal. Everything else just blinks and shuts down again within 1 second when I try starting it.
- But XMMS works! And Spotify works IF the internet connection happens to work.
- When installing the printer, my laptop and the printer can see eachother via a wireless ad-hoc connection (they mutually confirm finding the connection), but the driver installation program thingie is unable to find the printer in any other way than via USB. Thus I will just have to carry my laptop over and connect it via USB if I want to print things.
- My desktop system is refusing to give me back the CD I recently copied stuff over to the laptop from (before the connection died).
- My laptop is very slow and easily overheating, and it loves to go into PIO mode randomly just to become even slower. However I just have to switch it back, so its not the worst.
Sunday, 21 June 2009
Support needed, I guess.
Things are just getting worse and worse computerwise.