1. Was 2007 a good year?
Looking at the big picture I'd say it was. It was a year where I grew up a little more (like every year), found myself alittle more, became alittle more secure of who I am. I have no great regrets for things I have done, and the things I didn't I think I had good enough reasons not to to actually regret it. So, yes.
2. What was your favorite moment of the year?
The first week of my vacation to Norway, when things felt as if they'd actually work out and everything was nice.
3. What was your least favorite moment?
I am torn between falling and hurting my leg in the summer and a dentist visit that was real bad in the autumn. Pure physical agony, in other words.
4. What are your plans for 2008?
I'd like to find a place where there is enough space for *me*.
I would like to make real my many-year old promise of going to Dublin to see Inz. I would of course also like to go to Hki to see Bele, to NY with Christine, and so on and on, but the Dublin trip seems like something I really really should do. I cannot really explain why.
5. Which countries did you visit?
6. Which date in 2007 will you remember?
Thinking back, I cannot actually recall any specific dates which have something really special to remember. And to misinterpret the question as well: I didn't have any dates this year (though I would wish I had, the way things are turning out).
7. Biggest achievement of the year?
Coming to terms with the fact that its not really working and I am not happy in this situation, so I have to stop pretend I am.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to realise the above sooner. Moving here. Two sides of the same coin. I have wasted a year of my life on this.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Yes, multiple. My leg in the summer, and my usual amount of colds/flu/other. The first five months I was still protected by the Flu-vaccine I had gotten the fall of '06 however, so they were unusually healthy months for me. I also got a diagnosis on my socalled allergies (not allergies at all) which has been really helpful. Also some infections in the feet and knees which have made walking painful.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Ooh. This is hard for a shopper. But the best thing I didn't buy - my cat is the best thing come into my possession this year.
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really excited about?
The board-game sessions actually turning reality! :D
14. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
I don't think any will, because I haven't really introduced new music into my life this year at all. If anything that Red Hot Chilipeppers song Mia H has been playing at work - which I quite dislike.
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? About as fat but in worse shape, mostly due to all the leg/foot problems I've had which has made me take the bus more than I intended.
b) Happier or sadder? Sadder. Last year I thought I was moving into a really good relationship and such.
c) Richer or poorer? Same - I didn't get a single SEK raise this year! Not even enough to cover inflation.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. Which online people did you meet for the first time?
I don't think I met any online people for the first time this year. Must be the first year in a decade where this hasn't happened.
19. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No. But I dreamed of it.
20. How many one night stands?
21. What was your favourite TV show?
Grand Designs Interior.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
N? Not really hate but... getting close.
23. What was/were the best books you read?
Oh. So many. Best literary was probably Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami, but One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey was probably the most amusing one.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
As stated above, no new music introduced to me this year. I did however rediscover Wolfstone late in the year.
25. What did you want and get?
26. What did you want and not get?
27. What was your favourite film this year?
I don't know. Really. It has been an unusual year in that I have been to the cinema probably six or seven times, some sort of all time record. But there hasn't really been anything that struck that special cord.
28. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I went around being upset that I didn't get a gift or even a "HappyBday" from N. The night before I hosted a small dinner party. And I am now 27!
29. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Financial trouble solved, or getting my own place to live, or knowing all dentist appointments were done with for the foreseeable future.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Neutral. Colourful for being me. But still much tee's and jeans.
31. What kept you sane?
My daydreams. Honestly.
32. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
What does this word "celebrity" mean? :/
33. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Heaps. I am not happy with the current government. I don't feel like making a list or discussing it here though.
34. Who did you miss?
All my friends who live far away.
35. Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
Probably. I am human. And I know I treated N badly sometimes, because he provokes me so much with his indifference.
36. Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
Yep. See above.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
I am not sure you would agree this philosophy is a good one... but yet again I have realised I am happier in my daydreams.