- Missing N, who started commuting to another city during the weeks and will continue doing so until Christmas.
- Wondering what to do now that N won't come home in the evenings, and being amazedly bored.
- Made a bargain with my boss that I will take more evening shifts and no weekend shifts in the future (working weekends when N is only home during weekends was intolerable).
- Bought Christmas-card supplies. Bit early, you say? Well, believe me, it isn't. I send so many, and I insist on making them myself. Last year I made 62 cards and I only had 5 over when I had finished giving them away. Started about this time then too.
- Rearranged the diningroom to suit me. I am not allowed to switch the furniture for my pretty white round table (or at least I think N would give me the silent treatment for longer than I could stand), but I did put a blanket around the horrid cushion on the bench, and took away the pillows, and sacrificed a few of the ones from my daybed, as well as putting on table cloths and putting select items on there for decoration.
- Been nagging N to allow me to get cupboards for the dining room, thus enabling me to move things from the kitchen cupboards, getting more space and lessening the avalanche danger in there by 95%.
- Tried to buy lamps for my workroom, but Ikea didn't have the one I wanted. I did buy two table lamps for the windowsill, but one has to be exchanged cause it arrived broken.
- Buy two more potted plants.
- Throw away three potted plants that were dead or I otherwise had given up on (including a cactus that I killed).
- Went shopping and bought clothes I felt I needed. I am much happier now. ;)
- Move all my plants indoors. Summer is definitely over and my basil plant is looking very sad after being left out three nights too long. It is, however, two feet tall and still having some green leaves, so I have hopes for it.
- Started working in a different department at work, as purchasing assistant, for 4 hours every day. Temporary change, so don't get your hopes up. I really like it though, the people are great and the change of work suited me - now I want to go to work, not only go there to get paid.
- Immediately got ill and had to stay home feeling wretched (physically, and mentally for not being able to go to work and not being able of doing much else either). Yesterday and today thus suffered. Feeling a bit better but not in top shape, got to admit that. Unfortunately I always start having a bad conscience and like I am cheating if I stay home, a part of my mind always says I am not ill enough at all.. but where does the limit go? Been feeling bad for several days, before I finally had to admit defeat thursday.
- Been planning to play boardgames tomorrow with W. and B. However, me being ill might put a stop to that. Have to call W. to decide. The rest of the potential participants were elsewhere occupied, everything happening at once tomorrow.
I have some balloon-photos yet to post, will see if I can get around to do it.
And, being ill meaning I won't go to the work party, thus meaning I won't dress up in my three-piece suit and tie and red glasses, there won't be pictures of such either (unless I get so bored out of my mind I play dress-up games at home).
And I want my purple tweed jacket. It is somewhere in a box. :/